About the job
Xgrid Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers are skilled and talented professionals, who can design, deploy and test breakthrough software for clouds and data centers. You will enjoy being part of an extremely talented, motivated team interacting with both business and development counterparts to capture key marketing requirements and translate them to products designed for our customers. Moreover, you will be encouraged to design new processes around software testing and adopt the latest frameworks for enhancing software quality assurance. This will provide you with a unique exposure of the entire ecosystem (involving technology, customers and partners) in the cutting-edge data center and cloud space.
The ideal Xgrid QA Engineer will have experience testing and delivering complex “enterprise grade” automated systems for our data center and cloud customers. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-motivator. They will have a high customer and product delivery orientation, with the ability to both understand the “big picture” issues AND to drill down to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Use knowledge on Cloud technologies and their integration in order to develop and execute end-to-end test plans for our customer solutions.
- Be involved in active discussions with product development teams, design meetings, and proposing/implementing/testing test plans to validate production-grade solutions for our customers.
- Derive test plan requirements from product requirements documentation.
- Translate product specifications into QA test scenarios.
- Create detailed test plans containing multiple types of test cases (unit/smoke/functional, performance, scale, HA, regression, system/end-to-end, etc.) for various product modules.
- Atleast has 1 Plus year experience in testing and is able to perform manual testing of test scenarios outlined in test plans.
- Implement test plans and summarize testing status within team meetings including end-to-end ownership of the entire test plan.
- Record software defects and track them through the test lifecycle for resolution.
- Assist customer service team to check on issues reported by users.
- Isolate conditions to recreate testing problems and reproduce reported issues through core product knowledge.
- Has familiarity with automation frameworks or is able to identify coding gaps & implement basic-level test cases.
- Define product acceptance criteria with product owners and development team.
- Develop test plans and test cases for software quality assurance of multiple concurrent projects.
- Create CI/CD test pipelines for customer projects to ensure high quality release
- Assess test plans, procedures and infrastructure for adequacy and completeness.
- Analyze test results and interact with architects and engineers to resolve test failures.
- Constantly strive to improve, streamline, and automate QA processes.
- Have the ability to lead the testing efforts(when required) for the product lifecycle
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or relevant field.
- Language: C/C++, Nodejs, Java, Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- OS: Linux power user (RedHat, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.) is a plus.
- Worked with gerrit, git, mercurial, SVN, Jenkins and JIRA etc.
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, Appium, JMeter, etc. will be a huge plus.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive documents such as test plans, test cases, bug reports, etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.