About the job
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for creating, managing, maintaining and monitoring cloud, on-premise and/or data-center infrastructure for a range of projects and products.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Responsible for defining and implementing containerization technology strategies
- Having experience in building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications, and making container orchestration cluster highly available
- Having great hands-on experience in provisioning and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Ability to work on serverless architectures with good conceptual & hands-on experience.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Icinga, OpsGenie, PagerDuty, etc.
- Setting up development, staging and production environments using IaC (infrastructure as code)
- Creating and managing deployment pipelines hosted on SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS and Servers (VMs, physical hosts)
- Understanding of Blue-Green & Canary deployments
- Setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, GITLab CI/CD, or any other CI/CD tool.
- Able to write scripts and pipelines in Shell and/or Python
- Setting up and managing repositories for Docker, Maven, Gradle, NPM modules, etc.
- Understanding of SSO, LDAP, or other CAS (Central Authentication Service) tools
- Ability to automate infrastructure provisioning using Infrastructure as a Code with Terraform
- Able to automate configuration management using Ansible and/or Chef
- Setting up and managing MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Setting up and managing database replication and backup and failover
- Understanding of log aggregation using ELK/EFK stack
- Handling and troubleshooting incidents, providing quick resolution maintaining SLA/SLO/SLI
- Securing platforms hosting mission critical applications and systems
- Focus on automating day to day SRE operations
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences
- 5+ years of experience
- Certification/hands-on experience with Linux / Unix
- Excellent understanding of Google Cloud Platform and/or 3 years of experience working on GCP
- AWS Certification
- Expert in Shell scripting
- Configuring Firewalls, security groups and WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Configuration management: Ansible or Chef
- Orchestration using Terraform
- Can deploy and manage database clusters for MySQL / MariaDB / Oracle / PostgreSQL
- Expert in Containers and Kubernetes, GKE experience is preferred
- Kubernetes certifications preferred: CKA or CKAD
- Good communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and help juniors in the team
- A good team player
What We Look For Beyond Required Skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us … we’re having a ball!
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.