About the job
Unifonic is a customer engagement platform that enables organizations to delight customers with remarkable omnichannel experiences. By unifying communication channels, messaging apps, and chatbots, Unifonic streamlines conversations at every touchpoint throughout the customer journey.
Engineering Manager, Software
The Engineering team at Unifonic is seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager, Software who will be defining, leading, and delivering Unifonic’s products on time and within budget. In this role, you will be overseeing a project/product’s whole life cycle, communicating closely with key stakeholders, supporting Unifonic’s product portfolio, and continuously improving the product, project, and vendor management process and methodology. The successful candidate should have strong technical and leadership skills. The Engineering Manager, Software should also be a team player who will be playing a large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. The responsibilities of the Engineering Manager, Software include, but are not limited to:
- Define and own technical product requirements, specifications, and road-maps based on user and business needs by working closely with product, marketing, operations, and sales teams.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, and Executive Managers to prioritize, schedule, and deliver work, evaluating the progress of work in progress to identify when adjustments need to be made to resourcing.
- Own, operate, and maintain stakeholders’ services.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Institute and maintain rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Build and manage the client’s technical solutions and make sure that the proposed designs meet client requirements.
- Drive engineering process improvements to improve the efficiency and impact of the resources.
- Partner with product, marketing, sales, operations, and external stakeholders to streamline operations relevant to the company’s products and solutions, and maximize the efficiency of the team’s efforts.
- Participate in industry working groups and conferences to understand industry needs.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technologies, industries, and market trends to improve the client experiences, assist in project and product development, and operational support activities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that products are launched and run successfully.
- Track performance of releases through metrics.
- Work closely with delivery, product, marketing, and operations teams to help onboard clients with new features and provide technical training. Be the point-person across the company for the product’s technical roadmap, new features, platform integrations, and launch specifics.
- Institute development best practices to ensure the stakeholders produces high-quality, well-architected, and supportable code, lead reviews of architecture design and code and enable a Continuous Integration environment.
- Serve as the technical owner of the company products, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Foster an engineering culture focused on customer satisfaction using a data-driven approach.
- Hands-on 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience in shipping large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Solid experience as Java Developer, databases (MySQL, Casandra, etc), caching solutions (Redis, Memcache).
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale distributed applications.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Windows and Linux, AWS, Openstack), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), API gateways, web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. SFTP, FTPS, TLS etc.), scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Experience in Telecom domain SMPP, SIP, OSS & BSS will be an added advantage.
- Track record in partnering, recruiting, building, and leading on-shore and off-shore engineering teams and technology vendors.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.