About the job
A US-based company building a powerful, cloud-based, simple, and collaborative video creation platform, is looking for a Senior Data/Analytics Engineer. The selected candidate will be helping the existing team to build out and grow their data infrastructure. The company’s online video editing tool ignites the creativity of content creators, small businesses, educators, and students across the world. They have managed to raise more than $20mn in funding so far. This will be a full-time position that can lead to long-term opportunities and requires some overlap with the PST time zone.
- Build, operate, and maintain a data warehouse in BigQuery based on business requirements
- Create, perform, and maintain the automated data pipelines that feed into the warehouse
- Develop and implement solid data models optimized for aggregation, visualization, and advanced analytics
- Design, implement and maintain data pipelines from start to finish
- Help improve the data integrations and develop well-structured data transformations in SQL/Python
- Work with automated QA and data quality analyzing systems for pipelines and warehouse
- Take advantage of the automation using Apache Airflow where possible to help the team scale
- Improve various services such as reporting, analysis, automation, etc.
- Mentor and lead the data engineering team in technical matters
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience working as a data engineer
- Track record of building and automating batch and streaming data pipelines, end-to-end Monitoring, and, Alerting solutions
- Expertise in implementing high quality, fast services and projects in Python
- Must have expertise in SQL, BigQuery, Apache Kafka/Pub-Sub, and Apache Airflow
- Google Cloud Platform familiarity is nice to have
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.