About the job
A leading research and policy center founded by economists at top universities is looking for a Senior Data Scientist. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing projects using machine learning to solve social problems in developing countries. The organization has developed partnerships with the national health agency and the NGO run by the first lady in its focus country. Motivated candidates with core skills and interest in natural language models and data science for social good are suitable for this position.
- Determine beneficial data sources and automate the data collection processes
- Carry out data collection, preprocessing, and analysis to extract valuable insights
- Build models and algorithms to address business concerns
- Implement models and monitor their outcomes
- Utilize data visualization tools and techniques to present all relevant information
- Suggest strategies and changes for business challenges
- Develop and conduct an A/B testing framework to ensure model quality
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, and statistics
- Proficiency in languages like R, SQL, and Python
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools and data frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.