About the job
A live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction for any subject on-demand is looking for a Senior Machine Learning / Data Scientist. The selected candidate will be in charge of creating prototypes that can be turned into real-time systems by engineering. The US-based purpose-driven company provides users with access to high-quality instruction and is on a mission to change the way people learn through technology. During their Series C round, the company raised more than $100mn in funding. This position requires 8+ hours overlap with the EST/PST time zone.
- Create algorithmic systems that allow learners and teachers to be more personalized
- Collaborate with product, marketing, operations, and engineering to discover problems that have a big impact and turn them into objective functions
- Design experiments to rapidly establish causal relationships
- Drive initiatives from conception to completion with a measurable business impact
- Using mathematical methods, define inventive solutions to difficult challenges
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3-5+ years of relevant data science experience
- Expertise in performing ML or statistical analyses software in R or Python
- Competency in statistical inference, probability, machine learning (unsupervised and supervised)
- Experience with building recommender systems and implementation with a breadth of matching algorithms is nice to have
- Experience with Bayesian reasoning, NLP, classification, ranking systems is desirable
- Prior experience with production models, i.e., post-deployment responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.