S&P Global Commodity Insights
About the job
The Role: Associate Product Manager
We are a small, highly motivated team in a newly set up devision to scale innovation. We use agile methodologies to drive performance and we share and transfer knowledge as well as embracing methods such as pairing or lightning talks to do so. We are always trying to stay ahead of things and try to be “state-of-the-art” and “cutting-edge”.
You have the possibility to shape one of the oldest existing industries in one of the largest enterprises in the market. Through active participation in shaping and improving our ways to achieve technical excellence you will drive and improve our business.
What’s In It For You
You will be working within flat hierarchies in a young and dynamic team. You will benefit from a bandwidth of career enhancing opportunities. You have very good opportunities to shape your own working environment in combination with a very good compensation as well as benefits and will experience the advantage of both a big enterprise and a small start-up at the same time. Since the team is fairly small you will benefit from high trust and responsibility given to you. Also you will be a key person to grow our team. You should also be motivated to introduce new innovative processes and tools into an existing global enterprise structure.
- Serve as Product and Project Owner on several high impact deliverables for our Analytics and Data platforms, work closely with technology teams to deliver high value releases
- Create a release plan with high confidence in conjunction with the Stakeholders and Technology Teams during the Release Planning ceremony based on the strategy and objectives
- Ensure stories are executed on that meet the overall release plan at the project and team level
- Ensure there is clear visibility into the work of the team that is understood by the Business Stakeholders, Content/Product Leads, Project Owners and Technology.
- Work with QA and UAT teams to execute on and complete stories in a timely manner.
- Define user stories and Definition of Ready so that product release meets client requirements for anticipated use cases. Prioritize product backlog
- Partner with technology team to meet the overall release plan at the project and team level, understand blockers/limitations the impact on product relevance to end users
- Enter regular product health updates that conform to heath reporting requirements
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver high-quality solutions and insightful analysis.
- Conduct research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping on Platts advanced analytics platforms
- Leverage technology and automate workflows creating modernized operational processes aligning with the team strategy.
- Manage and standardize workflows aligning with the strategic initiatives.
- Identify and manage dependencies and risks across various analytics products and applications.
- Drive high-performance scrum teams and establish globally integrated and innovative mindset in the team culture
- Think beyond, be open minded, flexible, bring more capabilities into the team and execute successfully aligning with the team strategic initiatives
- Perform detailed requirements analysis, document processes, define scope and objectives and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and performing requirements analysis.
- Construct workflow diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Interact with the Central Workflow Enablement team to understand and benefit from the standard components that have been developed.
- Become the subject matter expert on division-specific workflow and supporting systems, staying up to date on the latest updates in workflow platform capabilities.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in product owner or a related field.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Ability to support multiple projects in parallel without guidance.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently with exceptional written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Familiar with relational database concepts and enterprise-based SaaS solution with multi-tier architecture
- Experience working in complex workflow/workflow digitization projects, ideally using BPM Technology and working with robotics/RPA technology
- Deep understanding of Analytics and Data driven Applications
- An understanding of workflow platforms and the integrations with other internal systems/databases.
- A proven track record of delivering projects in collaborative Agile team environments.
- Experience with Agile workflow tools
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Commodity Insights is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 276523
Posted On: 2022-08-17
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.