Website S&P Global
About the job
The Role: Application Associate, Financial Modeling Group
The Location: Ahmedabad, India.
The Team: The Financial Modeling Group provides expert services for our most sophisticated analytical tools so that we can provide customers with a tailored experience when using our products. This global, seasoned team specializes in onboarding and customer adoption for our Excel add-ins, Office Tools products, Screening and Platform Customization, and Proprietary Data capabilities. Comprised of former investment professionals, CFA charter holders, and MBA’s, Financial Modeling is charged with understanding our customers’ needs and objectives and providing solutions to enhance their workflows. As a member of the Financial Modeling Group, you will become proficient in at least two of the below specialties.
> Primary Specialization & Core Workflow
Screening and Platform Customization: Screening and Platform specialists are tasked with consulting customers on how to reap the maximum benefit of using our web-based platforms. They provide customers with expert guidance on the use of the Screening tool, build complex screens, and tailor the look and feel of the platforms to facilitate each customer’s specific workflow needs. Specialists also customize settings and create watch lists, charts, and company tear sheets so our customers can have a personalized workspace.
> Secondary Specialization
Modeling: As corporate finance and Excel modeling experts, Modeling specialists spend their time consulting with customers about our Excel add-in solutions (CIQ/ CIQ Pro) and how best to implement their data in their models, which run the gamut of valuation, ownership, estimates, charts, etc. Specialists also create and convert financial models from competing platforms for our customers. Additionally, specialists build and maintain ~500 pre-built templates made available via the combined CIQ and CIQ Pro Excel add-in Template Library.
Proprietary Data: Proprietary Data specialists help customers to create and store their own proprietary data within the S&P Global database alongside existing public market data. Specialists enable the utilization of S&P Global’s suite of analytics with our customers’ proprietary financial data. Specialists collaborate directly with customers on critical data integrations leveraged in Credit Analytics, Scorecards and various other portfolio and credit monitoring workflows. As a Proprietary Data specialist, you will support premium Proprietary Data Consulting Services, including mapping and creating custom data items in templates, integrating client proprietary data to the database, and the development of bespoke workflow solutions through the S&P Capital IQ platform, Excel add-in, and FTP.
Office Tools: Office Tools is a work productivity tool embedded in Microsoft Office that helps our customers save time while building Excel models and presentations. Office Tools specialists partner with our customers to create dynamic presentations and pitchbooks in PowerPoint and Word and custom build Quick Keys in Excel to make modeling easier. Specialists also help our more sophisticated customers create a Content Library repository of company approved presentations, slides, charts, and logos that can be accessed by customers directly in PowerPoint.
The Impact: The Financial Modeling Group is one of the primary touchpoints for our customers, and you will be the face of the organization. Your regular day would require you to build models, screens, presentations, answer customer queries and be an advocate of our products while showcasing your vast knowledge of our tools and data. In addition to working with our customers, you will also work with our Commercial team on winning and maintaining business, our Product team on future enhancements, and our Customer Services team on training and customer queries.
What’s In It For You
- Explore a highly rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- You can be part of a company that is a results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability. We seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities.
- Master the knowledge of S&P Capital IQ & S&P Capital IQ Pro products and services.
- Gain exposure to other departments by liaising with Relationship Management, Product Management and Customer Services teams.
- Opportunity to work with highly professional and business-driven team members.
- Work with diverse teams and customers spread across the globe.
- Ability to understand client-specific requirements across all covered data sets and products.
- Work with clients across multiple geographies including the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and address their requirements.
- Create quantitative models, screens, and presentations, among others, for our customers using our suite of products.
- Support our customer base in their research by responding to requests that come through calls, e-mails, and meetings.
- Partner with product teams on timely and thorough testing of our products, with an eye towards exceptional customer experience.
- Consistently make proactive suggestions around product usability, presentation, and data quality.
- Work with senior associates on projects which improve and develop subject matter expertise.
- Create new opportunities for Automation and LEAN to improve the workflow efficiency.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business.
- 0 to 2 years of experience.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of business, financial statements, and investments. Proficient in research and analysis.
- Good knowledge and understanding of capital and commodity markets.
- Inclination towards the customer-oriented approach.
- Succinct communication skills. Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow with little supervision.
- VBA Knowledge is a plus.
- LEAN & Automation knowledge (Basic or Advanced)
- Candidate expected to work out of Ahmedabad Office (Hybrid Model) as per the business need.
- Willingness to work in Rotational Shifts including early APAC and US Business hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON203 – Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 278661
Posted On: 2022-12-03
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.