About the job
A role at Pfizer is unlike any other. Offering talented individuals, the opportunity to own a career with real impact, our people go to work each day in the knowledge that every development signifies real, positive progress. We all believe in our ability to improve the future of healthcare, and in our potential to transform millions of lives. Because in every part of the world, the work we do is reaching everyone, everywhere for almost every medical need. That means not just attracting the best and brightest talent. But also ensuring our colleagues can thrive in an environment and culture where we champion Diversity and Inclusion every day, around the world.
With this breadth of ambition comes vast opportunity, providing an environment where determined, resilient professionals can learn and grow. It creates a dynamic culture of diverse personalities, where everybody has equal chance to make an important contribution to our success.
At Pfizer, a brighter future isn’t just something you look forward to. It’s something you can influence. Something you can help to shape. Something you can actively define. Our colleagues are driven to discover breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. If you share that passion, you’ll find there’s no better place to be than here.
It’s not just any typical job, but an exciting global leadership opportunity with Pfizer, where we instill equity, joy, excellence, and courage into practice that defines our culture.
This Senior Manager role will lead the Data Steward & Reporting team on behalf of one of Pfizer’s most important commercial business in Japan to 1) ensure high quality, standardization, and access to data in a consistent manner, and
provide actionable reporting solutions for Sales Force, Account Management, and BU Leadership. The individual will strategically collaborate with senior business leaders, Biopharma Ops Partners (BOPs), other Biopharma Ops Leadership, and select other Leads from across the business (Digital, BAI, and other functions) to operationalize and standardize delivery of sales performance, sales / AM execution, and sales effectiveness insights in Japan as the primary market and provide back up support for other markets as secondary.
The Senior Manager/Delivery Lead in Japan will collaborate with global leaders, local business partners, BPO vertical teams, the Regional Data Steward Lead, as well as Bold Move Design Owners as needed to support and enable service improvements for Japan within this service vertical.
This colleague will lead a team of Japanese contractors/dispatch workers and Pfizer colleague(s).
Accountable for delivering the Data Stewardship and Reporting remit within Japan while applying skills and knowledge to enhance service delivery continuity, quality, timely reporting, and response to key stakeholders.
Proactively assess and anticipated issues based on market knowledge, history, upcoming activities, and propose most effective solution by considering risks and trade-offs.
- Understanding and leading Customer-Facing Field Force Reporting to be relevant, useful, and impactful
- Management of Data Quality, especially HCP Data to ensure access to highest quality data to drive business strategy and decisions
- Establishing a culture of optimization, modernization and value to services, processes, and deliverables.
Enables Regional Data Stewart / Bold Moves team to implement service improvements to Data Stewardship and Reporting
Reports to HCP and FF Data Stewardship & Reporting Lead – IDM, APAC
- Drives data stewardship / customer facing reporting services in Japan: Lead the delivery of robust, standardized data / reporting solutions to the Sales Force, Account Management, and BU leadership including key executional and FF / AM effectiveness metrics. Partner with data providers, digital, and other platform parties as needed. Lead requirements & change management for reporting solutions, including major change events (e.g. new approvals, launches) as well as emerging needs based on regular business dynamics. Solicit field input via focus groups or other feedback mechanisms, where applicable. Ensure timely delivery of FF, Account Management, and brand KPIs in the areas of sales performance, sales / AM execution, and sales / AM effectiveness via platform solutions. Maintain accuracy of geographical assignments data and maintenance of account / rep targeting data in operational systems. Operate systems / tools to support KAM engagement.
- Leads data quality and compliance for HCP customer facing reporting: Manages data quality to effectively provide business decision support. Develops strategies to ensure continued data quality. Identifies data-related risks and monitors effectively to mitigate them. Ensures all colleagues and contractors are Pfizer compliant. Serve as the escalation point for data quality-related work on a daily basis. Provides leadership and development to ensure expectation and high standard of service delivery is met alongside building a highly engaged and motivated team. Develops core KPIs, quality frameworks and monitors / track service delivery and inputs into overall goals. Identifies and monitors risks effectively to manage risks within the team
- Exercises independent judgement to improve service delivery through increases in efficiency and scale: Streamlines and scales systems across Japan and BUs with central support. Identifies needs for innovation or operational support. Takes appropriate / compliant risks to advance innovative processes and methodologies for moderately complex problems. Drives alignment to the Data Stewardship Design and Global Vertical service catalog definition, processes, enhancements and strategies Drives transformation: standardization, optimization and automation towards higher efficiency, better service quality, and faster solution provisioning. Ensures the collection and provision of service delivery data and insights to support further service delivery optimization, to enhance effectiveness of daily service delivery operations, and to provide insight for Biopharma Ops. Ensures the usage of Biopharma Ops service delivery tools and platforms. Improves quality, consistency (One Pfizer), and compliance across BUs and Japan. Ensures all service delivery meets agreed in place quality plans in collaboration with CQO and HR Global Compensation to meet compliance policies, guidelines and procedures
- Defines priorities and allocates resources to drive efficient and effective client engagement: Forecasts and plans resource requirements for projects across Data Stewardship and Reporting Possesses a deep understanding of Japan business landscapes and BU strategies to determine key priorities and their impact on Data Stewardship and Reporting activities. Proactively engages with Biopharma Ops Partners (BOPs) and BU leads to understand and 1) ensure alignment of Biopharma Ops’ client strategies in Japan and 2) determines optimal resource allocation and investment that enables efficient and high-quality HCP engagement. Manages his/her budget to ensure service delivery commitment and financial expectations are met. Will align, contribute to and implement the new Data Stewardship and Reporting Design capabilities that are part of the vertical roadmap and strategy.
- BA or BS Required; MBA or equivalent Master’s-level education preferred
- 7+ years of commercial experience, preferably in Data Stewardship and Reporting work and / or in Japan and other APAC countries
- Proficient in strategic data management: organizing, understanding, consolidating, and distributing complex data sets from diverse sources
- People management experience
- Fluency in English and Japanese required
- Cross-BU and/or diversity of job experiences
- Proven track record of delivering business performance
- Demonstrated history of leading innovation/transformation
- Drive for optimization/excellence, challenging status quo
- Delivery of exceptional customer services and experiences
- Track record for building strong cultures
- Strong ability to drive collaboration and foster highly productive, functional relationships
- Demonstrated agility and ability to independently drive program completion in expedited timelines
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Mkt & Sales/Commercial Bus
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.