PARCO - Pak-Arab Refinery Limited
About the job
Qualification & Competencies:
Candidates possessing an engineering degree in Chemical discipline with professional certifications in HSE. Should be well versed with international, local Codes and standards (OSHA, API, CCPS, EI, HSE UK, ISO). The candidate should have sound managerial skills including team building, coaching, persuasion, decision making and interpersonal relations. Should possess strong analytical skills, ability to solve complex problems, providing effective solutions, managing multiple tasks in order of priority, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate should possess not less than 18 years of Operations HSE Systems including Projects experience in refining/ petrochemical/ oil and gas or fertilizer industry with at least 5 years must as Manager HSE in a large organization. Must have experience of Operations HSE Systems (Development & Implementation), Process Safety Management and Projects (Design to Commissioning including all risk management studies HAZID, HAZOP, hazard area classification, PSSR, QRA, BOWTIE etc.)
- Manage HSE function at Operating Division level and provide leadership to the respective HSE team.
- Develop and implement Site-specific Standard Operating Procedures for safe and smooth operations
- Improve effectiveness of emergency response procedure with implementation of ERP and regular mock drills emphasizing on improving mustering, search and rescue mechanism.
- Ensure compliance of JSA, PTW (permit to work), Work at height protocols, Confine space, H2S safety, Scaffolding, Transport Safety and Process safety.
- Should have experience of identification, maintainability / Integrity assurance, performance standard of HSE Critical Systems, Sub Systems and Elements in operations.
- Shall ensure HSE assurance in operations through line management involvement with respect to proactive reporting, their participation in HSE system Audits, Management Walk-around, incident investigation and ensure HSE Performance management by maintaining transparency in leading and lagging indicators reporting, actions tracking and analysis to Management.
- Performed routine / non-routine / job-specific inspections and system audits of the facility to identify areas of improvement and ensure 100 % close out of the actions generated from audits.
- Facilitate Contractor / Service provider in implementation of Contractor Safety protocols inside plant premises. Review HSE deliverables of the project in all phases (Feasibility, BEDP, FEED, Detail Design, EPC, commissioning).
- Develop Project HSE scope of work / deliverables budgeting.
- Participate in project HSE reviews and studies (e.g., HAZID, HIRAC, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, PHA, Explosion and Fire Hazard Studies, QRA, PSSR, ALARP studies, MoC and Bow Ties etc.), specific to Project. Develop protocols for Construction, commissioning and start up.
- Involve in verification of, and check for compliance with applicable International and local laws and regulations, national and local authorities’ permits, and codes of Practice.
- Ensure compliance of EPA, PNRA, OGRA, Explosive department and other regulatory bodies in our operation and brown field projects.
- Prepare and deliver trainings on HSE topics as per the approved HSE training plan for the year.
- Develop ‘on the job’ HSE Engineer(s) / Supervisor (s) as a valuable resource by giving them assignments & train them on Engineering HSE deliverables.
Age: Should not exceed 50 years.
Location: Karachi / Mid Country Refinery Mahmood Kot.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.