National Poverty Graduation Programme
About the job
The National Poverty Graduation Programme (NPGP) is an International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and Government of Pakistan (GoP) funded programme to be implemented over a period of six years from 2017 to 2023. The programme aims to assist the ultra-poor and very poor in graduating out of poverty on a sustainable basis while simultaneously improving their overall food security, nutritional status, and resilience to climate change. The development objective of the programme is to enable the rural poor and especially women and youth to realize their maximum development potential and attain a higher level of social and economic wellbeing through a proven, flexible, and responsive menu of socioeconomic assistance.
The poverty graduation model of NPGP combines elements of three distinct approaches – Social Mobilization, Livelihoods Development, and Financial Inclusion – and draws on the most relevant aspects of these to deliver results by combining support for immediate needs with longer-term human capital and asset investments to move households out of extreme poverty and into sustainable livelihoods. In this process, the capacity-building of community organizations through strong social mobilization support is key to supporting individual households to access multiple linkages and growth opportunities from markets, private sector, and government.
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of NPGP is the project implementing unit, responsible for providing appropriate, sufficient, timely, and reliable progress data that is periodically shared with the donor. The Management Information System (MIS) of NPGP has been developed and deployed keeping in view the donor requirements. This is an operational software and used by NPGP-PMU staff and Partner Organizations for the financial and physical reporting of the programme.
Objective and Scope
To hire a skilled and experienced software developer with experience in developing database driven MIS applications using Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft .NET development and deployment. The consultant will be responsible for assisting MIS team in building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications.
This position involves programming to write new code segments, updating existing software, and building new interfaces for development and integration with MIS working independently and with team throughout the entire project life cycle. Development tasks include but are not limited to: user interface, database, .Net framework using C# and other third party controls. The person is a team player who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, and is detail-oriented. Programming is performed as needed working closely with other developers to achieve high quality end-results.
Scope of Assignment
Primary responsibilities and duties are:
- Maintenance and customization of user interfaces using development frameworks.
- Developing test routines and programming in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed and create appropriate documentation.
- Build new segments with .NET / ASP.NET / SQL Server / Reporting tools
- Participate in requirement analysis, architecture, design, and implementation of new requirements.
- Ensure security, consistency, and integrity of data.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and business stakeholders.
- Responsible for development, testing, and reviewing application code.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
The consultant must submit a monthly report mentioning the detail of work done against the following deliverables:
- Customization of Newly developed forms to be incorporated in NPGP MIS. Analysis of proposed checks and constraints for their impact on whole MIS. Manage and update MIS modules which will be impacted after application of these constraints.
- Development and Customization of Progress Reports in NPGP MIS as per the requirement of NPGP Staff.
- Development of New Web Based Poverty Score Card (PSC) Application that records the complete Household and Family information and will calculate the Score for each household. Migration of existing PSC data in newly developed application.
- User Acceptance Training (UAT) – PMU Staff and staff of Partner Organization (PO).
Activities, Schedule & Timelines:
The total allocated duration for the consultancy is 75 days after signing of contract between consultant and NPGP PMU.
S. No. 1.
Deliverable – Development of New Web Based Poverty Score Card (PSC) Application that records the complete Household and Family information and will calculate the Score for each household. Migration of existing PSC data in newly developed application.
Number of Days – 15
Deliverable Due Date – Dec 22, 2022
S. No. 2.
Deliverable – Customization of Newly developed forms to be incorporated in NPGP MIS. Analysis of proposed checks and constraints for their impact on whole MIS. Manage and update MIS modules which will be impacted after application of these constraints.
Number of Days – 25
Deliverable Due Date – January 20, 2023
S. No. 3.
Deliverable – Development and Customization of Progress Reports in NPGP MIS as per the requirement of NPGP Staff.
Number of Days – 20 days
Deliverable Due Date – February 13, 2023
S. No. 4.
Deliverable – User acceptance training
(UAT) – PMU staff and staff of partner organizations
Number of Days – 15 days
Deliverable Due Date – February 28, 2023
75 Working Days
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.