About the job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Media Planner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for to maintain relationships with the brand teams. You will work closely with the business managers and other executives, acting as media experts on all projects as required.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Associate Business Director/Business Director – Mindshare
3 Best Things About The Job
- Young and like-minded colleagues working together.
- Work with amazing people from different units like strategic planning, social media and data & analytics to name a few.
- Dare to be different to stand out from the crowd & strive to succeed.
In Three Months
In this role, your goals will be:
- Have an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of media opportunities
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges
In Six Months
- Assist line Manager in annual review/planning proposal for the client.
- Start to build a relationship with specialists from client side
In 12 Months
- Mentor new Planners/Interns and assist in leading a small scale project (identify need, formulate idea into plan, set the scope and present to the Manager).
What Your Day Job Looks Like At Mindshare
- Develop strategy for brands including annual phasing and budgeting to achieve brand KPI’s.
- Assist CH/BM to maintain responsive working relationships with brand teams to identify potential opportunities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any issues with media/account teams and media vendors.
- Assist CH/BM in developing brand KPI’s.
- Analyze data to provide client with recommendations for optimizations.
- Maintain relationships with media suppliers, internal teams and brand teams.
- Prepare Quarterly/Semi Annual & Annual media reviews and way forward.
- Responsible for timely deliverables of the deadlines for e.g. Annual Media Strategy Presentations, monthly post buys & any other requirement from client on ad hoc basis.
- Resolve billing related issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Client management team and Account Directors as needed.
- Work with cross function departments/teams as part of the media management process.
- Showcasing of launches & presentations to the brand team after launch.
- Assisting CH/BM in participating in regional award is mandatory with at least once in a quarter.
- Train Assistant Planner/Media Planner on media basics.
What You’ll Bring
- Must have strong organizational and numeracy skills
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Excellent personal/organizational management.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, formally & informally.
- Must be a MBA from a reputable university of equivalent.
- Must have an experience of at least 4-5 years in media/digital planning and buying.
More About Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. We see major growth coming on Digital platforms with internet penetration growing to 87 million broadband users and 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where Facebook stands at 34 million subscribers and Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become the second most penetrated social platform. While the digitalization of the market is happening at a fast pace, it has also opened up opportunities for specializations like e-commerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. GroupM Pakistan is a closely knit community where we value differences in opinions and thrive amidst this growth. Be a part of our dynamic team now!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.