Website McKinsey & Company
About the job
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development including leading a team and a project workstream
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security, and secure coding practice
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and testing approaches such as unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Good working knowledge of at least one cloud based hosting platform such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and delivery/deployment tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, Azure DevOps Services, Bamboo or TeamCity
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent in English; additional languages are a plus
What You’ll Do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning, web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our clients with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
You will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams to ensure that we stay on the leading edge of technology. You will also be responsible for leading multiple development teams and project workstreams while delivering best-in-class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Pakistan office as part of McKinsey Digital.
McKinsey Digital brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you will join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity and digital transformation. You will typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You will work with colleagues from across the firm to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics. You will communicate across a broad range of stakeholder groups from engineers to business users.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.