Website McKinsey & Company
About the job
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.) or equivalent (typically 5+ years) work experience preferred; Requirements may vary by country or practice
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local office language(s)
What You’ll Do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants to identify, and oftentimes implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge. Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
Over the course of each project, you will gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations. You’ll also present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. In some cases, you will be asked to travel to your client site.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm whose culture is distinctive and inclusive. We will accelerate your development as a leader to create positive, enduring change in the world. As an associate, you will receive training and coaching on how to better
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them
- Synthesize clear takeaways from complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work effectively with diverse teams to come up with the best solution and move people and organizations to act
- Establish trust-based relationships with clients to better serve their organizations
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
- Develop your leadership style, leveraging your own passions, strengths, and personal values
McKinsey believes in strengths-based development and coaching, and you’ll receive frequent mentoring from colleagues. This will include a senior colleague from your office or practice who will help you grow and achieve your career goals. Additionally, you will have a professional development manager who manages staffing to help you choose projects based on your priorities as well as the needs of client service teams.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing experience in an area that is completely new.
Who You’ll Work With
You will join one of our offices around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients. In addition to these locations, this job opportunity is also available in Ho Chi Minh City.
In this role you will help our clients in the private, public, and social sectors solve their most pressing problems. You will also work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app designers.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.