Website Mashreq Bank
About the job
Carry out audit and other consulting assignments and provide report on the effectiveness / adequacy of Internal Controls and compliance to the policies and procedures of the bank to safeguard the assets of the bank. Make necessary recommendations to improve bank’s processes. Act as a desk officer of an assigned area.
Key Result Areas
- As part of a team, support the risk assessment of functional units of the bank and subsidiaries for the purpose of preparing a risk-based Audit Plan of the bank
- Execute audits to identify weakness in the effectiveness of controls and key processes of the unit(s), operational / regulatory deficiencies and provide appropriate recommendations for improvement to minimize risk and safeguard the assets of the Bank.
- Assist Auditor In charge in preparing Action Plans and present for discussions and acceptance in Exit Meeting and finalize the General Audit Reports in order to improve skills and help finish audit assignment within the scheduled time.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts, use of technology and data analytics.
- Manage audit team (comprising 2 – 3 members for relatively small branches / units) as Auditor In charge to execute audits with focus on the processes under review and effectively communicate with the Unit Management to improve deficiencies and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Develop action plan and present for discussions and acceptance in Exit meetings at the end of the audit for common understanding on issues and agree to appropriate steps to be taken by the unit to ensure that these do not re-occur.
- As a Center of Excellence, develop a cordial and professional working relationship with the internal customers for the purpose of mutual understanding, easy communication and to obtain their ‘buy in’ in audit findings and suggested opportunities for improvement.
- As an in-house consultant, participate in teams formed for streamlining processes and procedures, identify best practices and recommend opportunities for improvement in the existing processes.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with the rules and guidelines set out in Internal Audit Charter / Manual and in such manner that is consistent with Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- CA/CPA or equivalent. Added qualification of CISA is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the bank preferably with 2 – 3 years’ experience in the Bank’s audit department or 3 – 5 years’ experience with some reputed audit firm.
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Subject matter expertise regarding audit technology’s application
- Effective project management, excel and presentation skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.