Lahore University of Management Sciences
About the job
This position will be working on strengthening the Talent Acquisition, learning and engagement portfolio of LUMS employees. Apart from ensuring quality service delivery in people-based processes, the post may be required to develop new initiatives and document policies for new areas according to best practices.
Leading Talent Acquisition Process Revamp, review of policy and operational effectiveness through agreed SLAs, monitoring and reporting dashboards
- Completing the digitization of recruitment operations through SuccessFactors
- Developing pipelines with relevant and diverse representation and reviewing candidate touchpoints
- Overseeing a team of recruiters to manage change through a voluminous turnout, compliance with established SLAs, and stakeholder negotiations
- Compliance with SLAs, process, audit requirements, and LUMS compensation policies
- Management reporting of recruitment metrics, candidate profiles, and challenges
Learning and Development:
Overseeing the Learning cycle for LUMS including needs assessments, development plans and annual training calendar and structural changes
- Developing a range of learning interventions and partnerships to feed into the learning strategy
- Lead discussions on Career planning with relevant stakeholders and deliver workshops
- Develop and monitor essential learnings for compliance and onboarding purposes such as sexual harassment, code of conduct, managing people etc.
- Overseeing partnership with Learning partners including digital platforms and individual trainers
- Apply various sources of Training Needs Analysis (performance reviews, management feedback, and surveys, etc.) to finalize learning priorities for the year
- Work with the People Operations team to advise on performance improvement strategies and plans
- Advise managers on people development issues and develop training interventions to cover gaps
Culture and Engagement:
Devise strategies to define and develop the culture of LUMS as a community where everyone belongs and has a safe place to deliver their best.
- Work close with LUMS Day Care administrator on budget management, improved service delivery to customers, and new programs
- Oversee exit interviews and identify trends of turnover in order to develop retention strategies
- Develop a strategy to revamp internal communication and templates for internal branding
- Conduct pulse surveys for reporting meaningful data to the management
- Implement interventions for the benefit of the community and build goodwill of the HR team such as:
- Health and wellbeing such as On Campus swimming classes, medical examinations, 24-hour counselling, and medical services
- Effectiveness surveys to check process health
- Calendar day celebrations such as Christmas, International Women’s Day etc.
- Safe Spaces
- Work on developing reward and recognition frameworks such as:
- Implement Vice Chancellor’s Service Excellence Awards annually
- Develop informal and formal frameworks for recognition and rewards
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
- Creative approach to tasks and projects
- Service oriented and problem solving
- Solution Oriented
- Agility and drive to learn and grow
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Initiative and drive
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to diverse situations
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Master’s in Human Resources or relevant field from an HEC-recognized or international institution.
- 10+ years of broad HR experience including talent management, development, and performance management.
HR certification i.e., SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/ SPHR will be preferred.
If you believe you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.
What We Offer:
A Learning Ecosystem
LUMS offers a dynamic work culture that encourages learning and innovation, skills development, and contribution to areas beyond your job role. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the best academic minds in Pakistan, as well as to work with highly experienced professionals.
We believe in the pursuit of knowledge, provide the freedom to explore across different disciplines and value the diverse expression of all community members for mutual learning and advancement.
LUMS offers competitive benefits to its academic and professional colleagues including Provident Fund, Group Life Insurance, EOBI for Pension Scheme, Outpatient medical coverage for self and family, and In-patient Health Insurance for self, spouse, and dependent children.
The LUMS campus offers all the facilities and amenities of a world-class university, including a Sports Complex offering international standard courts for badminton, squash, tennis, basketball and volleyball, a FINA certified 25M swimming pool, and separate gyms for women and men. In addition to the LUMS Dining Center, there is a variety of eateries across campus offering popular cuisines, a breath-taking mosque, a medical center, the LUMS Library, car parking as well as transport facilities for females, and a professionally run Day Care Center for children of community members.
LUMS also provides a wide range of corporate discounts and internal educational discounts to its community as a token of each member’s value to our community. Our internal educational discounts include waiver of undergraduate tuition fees of employees’ children studying at LUMS, scholarships for master’s programs in several schools, and executive development programs offered by the nationally recognized Rausing Executive Development Center (REDC).
You will be requested to submit proof of vaccination during advanced stages of the process as Campus entry is restricted to fully vaccinated individuals. During a Covid-19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.