Website Ingredion Incorporated
About the job
REPORTS TO: Deputy Manager Agribusiness Development
Ingredion is a global Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that touch millions of lives, every day. With over 19,000 customers in 120 countries, we create solutions that help nourish, comfort, and delight people all over the world. We are proud to source our strength from nature. That’s why we’re growing sustainably, with an industry-leading product portfolio that includes plant-based proteins, sugar alternatives and clean and simple ingredients that deliver on changing consumer needs while protecting our planet. Although we are best known for our food ingredients, we are much more than a food business. We co-create bespoke solutions with our customers; from cosmetics and beauty to paper and textiles, to pharmaceuticals, driven by relentless curiosity. We make it our business to anticipate industry trends, and to bring together the potential of people, nature and technology to make life better.
We don’t just make ingredients. We create possibilities. Be What’s Next® with us.
Rafhan Maize is an affiliate of Ingredion Incorporated, USA which has strong global presence with commercial and manufacturing operations in more than 60 countries of the world. Our strategy is a unique blend of volume growth and operational excellence. We are pursuing tri dimensional strategy to grow organically, geographically and by broadening ingredients portfolio.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion (Rafhan Maize) is the company for you. At Ingredion (Rafhan Maize) you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
Sustainability Specialist is responsible for planning and execution of programmatic strategy to achieve SAI compliance levels through systematic implementation of ‘Farm Sustainability Assessment’ framework.
- SAI certification: Gathering and evaluating growers’ data, who are in contract with Rafhan Maize, through use of FSA tools. Gap analysis of existing practices against benchmarks and then planning and executing measures to improve them. Handling FSA paperwork and maintaining administrative records for SAI audit program
- Grower’s training & education: To progress in SAI certification levels, launch a programmatic strategy to gradually improve SAI compliance levels – Bronze, Silver and Gold. Beside this have ability to partner with local/international allies on sustainable agriculture initiatives.
- Pre-competitive Collaboration: Work with external and internal collaborators to design and implement programs on common sustainability programs
- ESH: Conformance with the rules set by the ESH Committee and ensure that all the ESH guidelines are duly abided to ensure safety at work and home.
- Technical Support: Provide scientific input, analysis, and technical support to ensure sustainability and credibility of programs technical basis
- AI comprehension: Proactively work with farmers on yield enhancement solutions through utilizing IOT on climate smart agricultural practices related to soils, irrigation, agronomy, pest management and other good agricultural practices
- Post-Harvest Handling: Work closely with farmers to minimize losses incurred on crop produce due to inappropriate post-harvest handling practices by educating them on proper harvest time, safe storage requirements to get a good price in market
- Ability to work with finances & machinery providers: Pools financial and in-kind resources and means far farm mechanization to cope limiting farm labor issues
- Crop Surveys: Comprehension on crop area & production through utilization of conventional and AI to help in devising effective crop buying decisions and fulfill future business needs regarding new crops/growing practices
Qualified candidates will have:
- M.Sc. (Hons) in Agriculture
- Proven experience in the relevant field
- English fluency, written and spoken
- Understanding of all Dialects of Punjab
- Working knowledge of sustainable farm production
Required Behaviors And Skills
- Can organize / handle audits
- Good communication skills
- MS Office command
- Command on AI in agriculture
- Good presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Privacy Notice: The Candidate Privacy Notice explains how Ingredion uses personal information about job applicants, and what rights an applicant has in respect of the use of this information for recruitment purposes. This Notice applies to applications submitted via Ingredion’s careers websites and any third parties, such as recruitment agencies, job boards and other means, such as by post and email. The Notice can be accessed here:
Yes, Within Country
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.