About the job
Goodwork is recruiting for a Canadian-based stationary brand.
About the Company
We are Canada’s leading stationery company. We’re on a mission to create a new generation of stationery lovers through the design and production of whimsical, fun, and collectable stationery products. We’ve been growing rapidly, and are expanding our network of retail partners and our eCommerce presence across North America and Europe.
Our CORE VALUES guide our team and shape our culture. These values form the cultural foundation of our company and the standard that guides all of us.
- Learn new things – Challenge yourself to be better each day.
- Strive for Mastery – Be intentional and meticulous about what you create.
- Own your sh*t – Take ownership of your work, effort, and results.
- Be a part of the solution- Be proactive in solving problems and bring solutions to the table.
- Put in the work – Challenge your weaknesses and show up powerfully.
We are serious about stationery, but we’re also a playful, eclectic and creative bunch.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator & Copywriter who is passionate about stationery (notice how that came first) to help us create engaging email campaigns for our B2B and direct to consumer (DTC) markets, as well as coordinate social media campaigns.
This is a coordinator-level role, which means more responsibility, and more impact.
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE demonstrates tremendous attention to detail, loves to solve problems and is obsessed with social media. If that’s you, then you’re a bonafide creative; your friends might describe you as kooky or weird, and you’re probably the odd one out at family functions because your shoelaces are untied. You wake up each day with a big smile on your face – and then proceed to check your latest Instagram video to see how many Likes and Followers you gained overnight. You have a great way with written word – friends come to you for help writing messages for their greeting cards. You’re probably into visual design as well. You take your work very seriously, but also have a quirky side. At some point in your life, you’ve secretly rubbed paper against your face to feel the texture.
You’ll be doing things like:
Creating and launching email marketing campaigns
- Leverage Mailchimp’s rich marketing and eCommerce features and automations
- Use storytelling, compelling email copywriting and email newsletter design to craft effective campaigns that drive KPIs (sales, new retailer signups, product pre-orders, etc.)
- Coordinate email marketing with other marketing campaigns for product launches, sales/discounts, and special announcements
- Launch lifecycle email marketing campaigns for both B2B (think: stationery stores) and eCommerce (think: stationery lovers) audiences across Canada, US, UK & Germany
- Segment and re-segment audiences for different targeted campaigns
- Track and manage campaign performance using Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, and optimize based on results
Creating and posting social content
- Use photo and video assets (provided by our creative team) and write native social content (with hashtags) for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
- Plan and coordinate social posts via launch calendars and schedulers. Note: while you’ll be responsible for posting, you won’t have to respond to messages (you’ll have teammates to do that)
Other marketing initiatives
- Leverage our existing sponsored artists (i.e. influencer marketing) program
- Recommended new channels and strategies to achieve marketing goals
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of professional experience with email marketing using Mailchimp (or a similar platform). Experience must be related to paid work and not personal experience. We may consider applicants with fewer than three years work experience if you have taken Mailchimp / email marketing courses (you’ll need to provide proof of completion).
- Thorough understanding of email automation, split testing, landing page creation, audience segmentation, and email surveys
- 2-3+ years of organic social media management experience with platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter and YouTube
- An ability to schedule and post content on each platform and troubleshoot day-to-day usage issues
- Thorough knowledge of the conventions, tools, functions, filters, and options native to each platform
- Advanced written English proficiency with copywriting experience for email and social. Experience with copywriting software apps is an asset. Be sure to include a portfolio of relevant work.
- Strong sense of design, with basic knowledge of graphic design, typography and branding
- Experience developing digital marketing strategies
Bonus if you also have:
- Experience managing influencer marketing campaigns
- Experience with DTC eCommerce lifecycle marketing using Shopify as the eCommerce hub
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- A background in sales
- Any relevant courses or certifications (English proficiency, copywriting, email marketing, social media management, eCommerce, etc.)
Working Hours: Flexible, with a couple hours of overlap for meetings between 9AM-5PM EST
Full-time vs Part-time vs Project-based: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Level: Intermediate (3-5 years of relevant work experience)
Starting Salary: 🇵🇰150-200K PKR/month (🇨🇦~$900-1,200/month), depending on experience
Benefits of working with us:
- 🚀 Work directly with a forward-thinking international company
- 🏡 Work from the comfort of your home
- 🤸🏾♀️ Flexible working hours
- 🧘🏾♀️ Work-life balance: 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- 🏆 Incredibly talented teammates
- 💻 Daily meetings with teammates to foster connection and collaboration
- 🥳 Celebratory and inclusive remote culture
- 🌱 Opportunities to grow and advance within the organization
- 💰 Above-market salary
If you’re not sure about applying and think you might be close to meeting the requirements, apply anyways! We value diverse life experiences and look at potential over qualifications.
Note: If you do not hear back in 4 weeks, you can assume you were not selected.
Additional keywords: Content marketer, email marketer, e marketing, email services, email list, email software, email campaign, marketing campaign, product marketing manager, mailchimp, mail marketing, mass mailing, email newsletter design, digital marketing, social media specialist, content creator, content creator, copywriting, copywriter, social media manager, eCommerce, Shopfiy, digital marketing, influencer marketing, B2B sales, business to business
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.