FINCA Impact Finance
About the job
The Global Infrastructure Support Team is responsible for implementation and maintenance of corporate technology infrastructure, systems and applications, shared across worldwide network of FINCA Subsidiaries. Providing advanced level subject matter expertise in delivery and support of global technology services, as well as regional and country specific IT projects and initiatives.
Global System Administrator delivers technical and operational support to the enterprise IT environment mainly focusing on administration and support of virtualized environments and Operating Systems (OS) hosted in corporate Data Center and AWS Cloud environments, including but not limited to provisioning and maintenance of Virtualized Servers , Windows and Linux OS, SAN/NAS storages, capacity and load management to ensure systems reliability and performance and new systems meet the company’s technological requirements and needs.
Maintenance & Configuration
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of remote on-premise datacenter and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Configure and maintain software tools used for measuring performance and reliability of Systems.
- Configuration of Monitoring, Alerting and Dashboards for PRTG network monitoring solution.
- Vulnerability Management – Patching and remediation of infrastructure using Qualys solution.
- Provide maintenance of operating system for servers deployed within managed Infrastructure
- Execute Backup/recovery process according to disaster recovery plan and practice recovery.
System Access & Security
- Assign and maintain appropriate Software licenses
- Maintain level of member server system security by applying industry best practices, Service Packs, software updates and security patches.
- Monitor and administer hosting and delivery of supporting infrastructure at AWS Cloud
- Timely identify and address incidents related to assigned Systems to minimize service disruptions.
- Provide third level support to subsidiary IT teams during the troubleshooting of issues related to OS and systems.
Proactively identify and implement preventive measures to ensure system reliability and functionality.
- Microsoft (MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE) and AWS Certifications are highly desirable.
- Certifications in the following will be considered an advantage:
- VMware (VCP, VCAP)
- Server and storage architecture / integration
- 3+ years’ experience in a large organization administering, operating, problem solving, trouble shooting, maintaining large-scale technology environments.
- Operational experience with:
- Administration and troubleshooting of windows server OS
- Implementation and support of virtualization systems (VMware and Hyper-V.)
- In management of cloud services – AWS and Azure
- Hands on Experience in PRTG monitoring solution
- Hands on experience in Qualys vulnerability management solution
Knowledge and Skills
- Reliable knowledge of server hardware and storage infrastructure.
- In depth practical knowledge of LAN/WAN.
- A proven ability to solve problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Able to manage multiple requests at the same time and prioritize.
- Availability to work different schedules, to ensure service continuation.
- Fluency in English required.
- Availability to travel up to 10% of the time
The position will be based in Lahore, Pakistan.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.