About the job
This position is located in FAO Project Peshawar, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is envisioned under Livelihood and Food Security Improvement Fund project on SB 4 SC 8 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR in Pakistan, the guidance of the AFAOR Programme, direct supervision by Senior Project Officer and in close coordination with the Project Team, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and duties
The Coordination Specialist will be based in Peshawar and will ensure relevant communication and coordination is maintained between FAO, government line departments including security services required for successful implementation of projects in the insecure districts of the province.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Coordinate closely with the administration of KP province, line departments working on agriculture, livestock, fisheries, forestry, nutrition, food safety and other areas of relevant to FAO work; .
- Maintain a database of projects, project managers and relevant project contacts.
- Maintain coordination with other government line departments such as security services and and directorates on day to day issues with timely response for smooth implementation of FAO Programme.
- Liaise with coordinated projects for obtaining the desired data, information and day to day official business.
- Ensure FAO related coordination and communications such as NOC requests, meeting minutes, notifications are followed up and provided to the government and other partners in a timely manner.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in any related field of management or social sciences;
- At least 7 years of experience in coordination and liaison in the non-government and/or public sector.
- Working knowledge of English, good knowledge of Urdu and local languages of KP province
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the agriculture situation in FATA.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with proficiency in coordination skills.
- Proactive and innovative with the ability to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience enterprise development, community mobilization and community lead rehabilitation activities.
- Past experience of working in FATA will be an added value.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
07/Dec/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
One Year (Extendable)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.