About the job
This position is located in FAO Project Peshawar, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is envisioned on SB 4 – SC 8 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR in Pakistan, the guidance of the AFAOR Programme, direct supervision by Senior Project Officer and in close coordination with the International Logistics Officer and Project Team, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and duties
The Logistics/ Warehouse Specialist will be based in Peshawar and Coordinate logistical operations to ensure timely and efficient delivery of the FAO KP programme
Tasks and responsibilitie
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and strengthen partnerships on the humanitarian supply chain;
- In coordination with concerned colleagues, arrange for efficient and cost-effective transport of agricultural items and timely dispatch of items to final destinations as per agreed scheduled plann close consultation with the project team and logistics team prepare detailed plan for receiving different commodities, warehousing, quality control and dispatching to final recipients;
- Provide information for transport/service contracts for suppliers and follow up on the deliveries to end-users;
- Management of the FAO warehouses, ensuring proper warehouse management including storage space conditions, and the actual storage of items;
- Ensure appropriate logistics record keeping related to all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules, way bills, inspection reports, delivery notes etc for audit purposes;
- Ensure FAO standard logistic related forms are consistently completed, and in an accurate manner including by inspection companies, transporters and vendors etc;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced (Masters) degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, MBA or closely related field;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in managing logistics, delivery operations or supply chain;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and the Urdu language;
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the agriculture situation in FATA.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with proficiency in coordination skills.
- Proactive and innovative with the ability to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience enterprise development, community mobilization and community lead rehabilitation activities.
- Past experience of working in FATA will be an added value.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in the use of standard office software such as Microsoft Office and related applications.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
07/Dec/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
One Year (Extendable)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.