About the job
The position is located in the FAO office in Peshawar,KP. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has partnered with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policy making. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
The position is envisioned under Livelihood and Food Security Improvement Fund project on SB 4- SC 8 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR in Pakistan, the guidance of the Assistant FAOR Programme, direct supervision by Senior Project Officer and in close coordination with the Project Team, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and duties
The national Community Development Specialist will work primarily with the project team in Peshawar office and districts, to ensure that:
(i) project work at community level is organized in a structured way including FFSs are established effectively;
(ii) that community empowerment activities are identified, planned and implemented timely;
(iii) that a community development and action plans are planned and implemented in a timely and effective manner;
(iv) that both production and marketing activities are integrated at the community level to ensure meaningful increase in farm returns to project beneficiaries
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Implement the community development component of the project in all project districts, ensuing that community identified needs in the relevant areas are addressed and that development and extension activities are undertaken to meet these needs;
- Carry out duties consistent with the implementation of the project to achieve the project and component outcomes, objectives and activities, which can include, but is not limited to the following specifics.
- Assist the management with project reporting, reviews and evaluations
- Implement the project programme at the field level to strengthen community development activities and economic analysis of project interventions, ensure a participatory approach is followed and that interventions are consistent with a Community Development best practice.
- Undertake an overall assessment of the present status of institution development/community development intervention by the project and assist in its interpretation and development of a practical response for implementation.
- Assess the status of group formation, savings accumulation and investment, market access, training & demonstration on the livelihoods of the community as a whole, focussing on gender equity, and suggest future actions by the project to enhance their sustainability.
- Plan, implement, monitor and supervise the implementation of the Community development program of the project.
- Undertake an outline SWOT analysis of a sample of existing farmers’ non-formal groups. Assist in the interpretation of results of the SWOT analysis and the development of practical recommendations for implementation.
- Review the use of cost share activities and their likely impact on establishing self-reliance for the project beneficiaries in the community. Suggest methods that can assist in ensuring the most disadvantaged project beneficiaries properly participate in this intervention.
- Develop and implement a Training of Trainers programme, taking into account the present structure of groups and activities, on up to date techniques of Community & Gender Development, Savings utilisation, Group Dynamics, Social Mobilization and Empowerment.
- Prepare technical reports on activities undertaken during the assignment, and prepare technical guidelines, field documents, and training material designed to meet the needs of less literate growers/producers and with extensive use of illustrations and visual and pictorial portrayal of information.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the management.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree social science / agricultural science
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive and relevant experience in gender issues, field sociological research, group dynamics and participatory approaches in community development, women’s issues,
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Working knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu;
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Excellent skills in writing and editing technical/scientific documents in English
- Experience in multi-stakeholder meetings and training events
- Excellent oral and written communication skill in English,
- Experience of engaging actively with key stakeholders
- Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
07/Dec/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.