About the job
The position is located in the FAO office in KP. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has partnered with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policy making. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
The position is envisioned under Livelihood and Food Security Improvement Fund project on SB 4 SC 8 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR in Pakistan, the guidance of the AFAOR Programme, direct supervision by Senior Project Officer and in close coordination with the Project Team, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and duties
- Identify and analyse the potential beneficiaries /groups (FFS, WOS, FBS, LFFS) formed /strengthened under the previous programs for their involvement in the value chain development activities of the project.
- Develop strategy for the promotion of agri-business/enterprise in selected districts
- Work for formation and strengthening of the Producer Marketing Groups (PMGs)
- Prepare guidelines and strategies for market accepted/viable and consumers’ preferred innovative commodities packing and packaging with focus on the identified value chain models
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Review the value chain study conducted by FAO under its previous programs and devise strategy for implementation of the prioritized value chains in the targeted districts.
- Conduct market mapping/assessment for the promotion of value chain activities in line with the recommendation of the value chain studies of FAO, government and other partners;
- Assist in establishment of a viable market information system
- Identify, analyse and recommend the resources, skills and capacities of small farmers under each prioritized commodities regarding procurement of quality/certified inputs;
- Identify and compile recommendations for the capacity development of producers and associations to access financial and other services and resources.
- Analyse the current livelihoods practices and income generating occupations of the target communities/groups/associations and suggest socially acceptable, and economically viable approaches/techniques for sustainable and diversified income generating options
- Develop linkages of PMGs with markets, individuals and other groups for strengthen public private partnership for sale and purchase of value added agricultural products
- Build linkages with other value chain development partners / actors in the project area for synergies and complementarities.
- Any other assignment given by the supervisor within the area of expertise.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Masters in Agriculture Economics / MBA Agribusiness / value chain development or other agriculture/livestock related fields.
- Eight years of relevant work experience with well-reputed government or private organizations.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Working knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu;
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the development of value chains in high value crops/livestock and farmers group marketing organizations;
- Experience in similar settings would be considered a distinct asset
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
- An extensive experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting and documentation.
- Eexcellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in both English, Urdu and Pashto.
- Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
07/Dec/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.