About the job
Job Title: Demand Planner (contract) – ekaterra
Work Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Job Type: Contractual
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
The Purpose of Role:
This role is key to achieve customer service, forecast bias, working capital, business waste and overall business result – while supporting category growth. This role will act as the business partner in processes that are executed in close cooperation with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Business Operation Manager. The responsibilities of this position are:
· The execution of the Demand Planning process focuses on collaborative “bottom-up” planning with Customer Development, Brand Development/Building, and Customer Supply Chain. Continuously improve customer service (CS) and simultaneously reduce finished goods inventories to achieve working capital (WC) targets, by improving forecast accuracy while supporting category growth.
· Drive implementation of new SO&P process in the business. Frequent and effective interaction with Supply Planning colleagues, Deployment Analysts, and Category Business Teams are essential.
· Manage and monitor the sales demand planning impacts through the planning horizon via continuous review and assessment of the demand management forecast.
· Lead the monthly Demand Planning Meetings.
· Develop, modify, and communicate the short- and long-range demand plan to PG Supply Planning.
· This role functions as the pivotal communication point for supply and service constraints between Product Group supply and the business team.
· Key interface between numerous parties as well as the other members of their own team to proactively take actions that deliver business results.
· Prepare Master Plan and Forecasting Updates using SAP Advanced Planner and Optimiser (APO), and any other planning tools.
· Manages and supports projects that are within the brand, e.g. innovations, renovations, transitions, capacity planning, and Value Improvement Process (VIP).
Key Skill & Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree in in Engineering, Supply Chain, or related fields.
· Leading position within SC preferably with good technical skills/knowledge in planning.
· Good quantification and analytical skills in a dynamic environment.
· Hands on with MS Excel
What’s in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a ‘corporate start-up’ approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.