About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, GFI Software. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a passionate C/C++ coder who is an expert at debugging software by diving deep to find the root cause of the underlying issues? Would you like to solve complex product issues and coordinate with hardware vendors to deliver optimal solutions that empower 35,000+ SMBs globally? As you read this, are you wondering whether it is possible to do so without sacrificing your love for coding? At GFI, we can make this happen!
SMBs form the backbone of an economy, accounting for 60-70% of all jobs in most OECD countries. GFI is committed to empowering SMBs by providing easy-to-use, business-essential network security and communication products that fit within the typical SMB budget. In this role, you will navigate the evolving IT landscape and customer requirements by coordinating with Hardware vendors to design solutions that best solve the customer’s needs and ensure that GFI remains the go-to solution for SMBs.
If you want to ascend to Enterprise Architect/CTO roles in the future and are looking for a step up in responsibilities by having end-to-end technical ownership of our hardware solutions products, we would love to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Deep diving and finding the root cause of complex product issues for our customers and debugging software and hardware
- Creating test environments with complex, reusable network topologies within our lab for product testing and certification
- Managing hardware and virtual devices in our physical lab, ESXI, Kubernetes or AWS
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Code reviews and cleanup
- Delegating coding tasks
- Routine software implementation
- Hardware electrical engineering
Senior Embedded Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
Keep our suite of hardware solutions up-to-date and functional with the changing and challenging modern IT systems landscape.
- At least 5 years of C/C++ coding experience
- At least 5 years of systems or network security programming experience
- At least 5 years of experience with programming under Linux
- Network management skills with experience in network virtualization, firewalls and VPN
Experience in Java, Jenkins, Docker, k8s
About GFI Software
GFI Software develops essential applications for small and medium businesses. Over 80,000 customers choose GFI solutions for network management and performance, security, and collaboration applications. GFI Software available through thousands of channel partners dedicated to serving specific countries and regions worldwide.
GFI has a fully remote, global workforce. GFI has partnered with Crossover to administer its hiring and global workforce management.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4677-PK-Lahore-SeniorEmbedded.002
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.