About the job
Job Id: 22586022
The main responsibility of the Security Manager is to manage and coordinate the Security and Safety services in Citibank Pakistan for all Citi businesses.
The direct reporting line for the Security Manager is to the CSIS Security Cluster Head with a matrix to CCO.
The Security Manager is responsible for the development and conformity to policies, strategies and standards as defined by Citi and its regulators.
The main goal of the position is to maintain a safe environment for clients, employees and to protect the company’s assets. It also involves the protection of the Company’s integrity and reputation.
The Security Manager needs to ensure that Security and Safety Services meet business requirements, local legal regulations and adhere to Citigroup policies and procedures. The Security Manager performs on-site reviews to verify the quality of compliance with Security and Safety standards and procedures.
The Security Manager undertakes Risk Assessments of all Company (Citi) sites in the assigned area.
CSIS is part of Citi’s global functions. CSIS EMEA Regional Management is based in London. The Security Services division is divided into four sub-regions: Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe & Commonwealth of Independent States, Middle East, Pakistan, and Africa.
The Security Manager is a subject matter expert, with a strong knowledge of security as well as a good understanding of business processes in Citi. The position requires interaction with police and other governmental authorities, external vendors, third party staff, as well as working with staff from various countries and backgrounds.
This is a visible position, requiring a high level of professionalism, leadership, and experience as well as the ability to interact with senior members of all divisions within the company.
- Manage Security Program of Citibank Pakistan.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining a high level of customer service to the business, the continued growth and development of staff, as well as the quality assurance of CSIS work product.
- Assume responsibility for Citibank Pakistan security to achieve business goals, prioritization, and results established by the CSIS EMEA Director of Security, through effective allocation of resources and productivity.
- Assume responsibility for security related expenses in Citibank Pakistan.
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day management of security staff. This includes disciplinary, budgetary and coordination efforts for the area and staff.
- Manage work relationships with country stakeholders and in-country business contacts.
- Establish and maintain of key contacts with law enforcement authorities and OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council and others to obtain and exchange relevant security related information.
- Adhere to CSIS security and safety policy and standards.
- Manage and conduct Security Risk Assessments for all Citibank Pakistan sites
- Analyse and assess of security situations with subsequent development of appropriate protective measures.
- Assume responsibility for corrective action items and policy exceptions where applicable.
- Provide oversight of the fire safety program in Citibank Pakistan, including but not limited to ensuring that fire safety roles are assigned (e.g., fire wardens), trainings are taken, and fire drill exercises are performed as required.
- Prepare and conduct operational readiness exercises.
- Select and manage security related vendors (security staff, security systems).
- Assume responsibility for security related vendor contracts.
- Work with procurement on new contracts and contract extensions.
- Assume responsibility for security related systems (access control, CCTV, alarm systems)
- Manage and prepare for possible emergencies (e.g., demonstrations or unrest which may impact Citi)
- Review and investigate all security related incidents and ensure they are reported
- Assume responsibility for CSIS/Security MCA relevant deliverables for the countries.
- Provide Support for Audits (e.g., data centre certification audits, Internal reviews, external authorities reviews)
- Provide Executive Protection as requested and outlined by CSIS Regional and Global management. Manage and coordinate activities with Police/Embassies and all other pertinent parties.
- Review new Citi sites and advise regarding the security related fit-out for site relocation projects.
- Enhance Security/Safety awareness in the business (e.g., Security Awareness, trainings)
- Participate in Global and EMEA CSIS initiatives and projects, as well as rollouts.
- Liaise with the CSIS Investigative Unit where applicable.
- Assume the security lead role in the crisis management team.
- Opportunity to perform a unique function interacting on many levels
- Position is also visible externally networking with peers and others in the security sector
- Background in military as major or colonel with experience in physical security
- Professional experience: 10 years
- Functional experience: 5 years
- 5 years relevant work experience in (physical) Security Management
- People management skills and experience
- Substantial subject matter expertise in security installations and technology
- Project implementation skills and experience
- Solid understanding of datacentre operational processes and datacentre security
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English language and ability to communicate and influence at an appropriate level
- Willingness to travel
- Reachable 24×7
- Ability to work independently in the position
- Good organizational skills, ability to work und pressure and prioritise within aggressive deadlines
- Leadership skills and competence to manage remote locations and team members
- Ability to assert CSIS security standards within local businesses
- Good computer literacy
- Capability to run projects successfully in a complex security environment
- Strong decision making
- Strong team player possessing leadership traits
- Ability to establish relationships and contacts with local law enforcement and intelligence agencies
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.