About the job
- Ensure the architecture and core backend systems operate at maximum reliability and efficiency, and ensure services are continuously available to our customers
- Develop and maintain APIs that reliably fetch billions of data points related to patients’ statuses, medical histories, and respiratory rates, as well as data relating to installed Circadia devices.
- Work with PointClickCare, one of the biggest cloud-based electronic healthcare management software providers helping long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) providers, to ensure Circadia’s systems are continuously receiving accurate and up to date patient information
- Manage and optimise databases that span over 5 terabytes of data to creating functional table structures, indexes and optimised queries
- Collaborate closely with Product and Operations teams in the US and the UK to understand customer needs to appropriately frame system requirements
- Assist with drafting and publishing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc to allow product and project management to estimate timelines and manage resources within the team
- Making sure software is developed and maintained according to different compliance standards, such as HIPAA, ISO, FIPS, etc.
- Collaborate closely with London-based R&D (Data Science and Machine Learning) teams to ensure ongoing access to the required data to effectively develop and improve Circadia’s respiratory and heart rate algorithms
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to develop compelling products and robust backend systems for web and mobile solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field with proof of qualifications
- 5 years+ experience in developing web tools and applications.
- 5 years+ proven software engineering experience, including design architecture
- Strong coding ability, able to work in large code-bases with fluency with experience in large-scale deployments
- Solid grasp of computer science, algorithms and data structures
- In-depth knowledge of Python, FastAPI and REST Framework
- Experience with low-level programming languages such as C++
- Experience with SQL based databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL; NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Redis; and time-series databases such as TimescaleDB
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Experience working in source code version control software such as Git, Github etc
- Hands-on experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud ecosystem of products
- Familiarity with Docker containers and Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and writing automated unit, integration, and end to end tests
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English communication within a team environment, and across three geographic locations (Pakistan, UK, USA)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.