About the job
Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Pakistan.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
About the Client:
The client is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 1 to 18.
The client offers a fresh and contemporary approach to education by re-evaluating traditional teaching methods and curriculums and creating a more dynamic, relevant, and powerful model reflecting current attitudes.
The client is a leading global premium schools group educating over 50,000 students across an international network of over 70 schools on 5 continents. All the schools are individually developed, and designed in response to their environment and location, delivering an excellent education to their respective communities.
About the Product:
The product is a learning platform that provides students with courses, curriculums, and educational programs. It allows users to build their packages, sign contracts, pay, manage timetables in the student’s hub.
Become a part of a new team that works on the product for the Premium Private Education!
Project main tasks
- Setting up data imports from external data sources
- Writing complex procedures to transform the data
- Loading the data into the reporting tables
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process terabytes of data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, ETL across multiple data storages
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Responsible for performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and Data flows
- Identify gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Highly skilled with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views
- Experience of:
- Database design
- Azure Data Factory
- Version control – GIT
- Some .NET experience to call 3rd party APIs
- ETL processes
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Join our friendly team and seize the perks of global opportunities, a dynamic environment and well-known customers.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.