Centre for Economic Research in Pakistan (CERP)
About the job
Position: Senior Associate, Analytics
Location: Lahore & Peshawar
Overview: The Analytics practice at CERP helps empower organizations to effectively use evidence to make strategic decisions, optimize processes and create innovative products and solutions. [email protected] works with leading foreign and domestic public and private organizations on a range of projects spanning diverse fields of data analytics, econometrics, applied research, monitoring & evaluation, market analysis, feasibility studies, process optimization, and digital transformation.
For its Senior Associate position, [email protected] is seeking a proactive individual who is motivated, self-confident, determined, persistent, and a quick learner who loves working with data. This position requires strong experience in quantitative analysis with preferable exposure to econometrics. In addition, experience and expertise in mixed methods research including qualitative research is a strong plus.
The person in this position will be working with external clients and internal stakeholders so must have good communication skills, self-confidence, and above all a keen sense of task ownership and responsibility (for us grit is as much or more important than intellect). In addition, you will need excellent writing skills to document your analysis for sharing with a wide variety of audiences, including donors, funding agencies, government institutions, and client leadership, and for disseminated dissemination through various channels (digital and paper).
The Senior Associate will work with other senior and junior team members and undertake the following tasks:
- Play a leading role in the design and implementation of data collection instruments that are well-rooted in peer literature and are heavily contextualized to suit the specific needs of a project/program;
- Lead data collection, cleaning, consolidation, and analysis while providing guidance to more junior resources on the team. Quickly organize, collate and interpret data and produce insights and learnings for embedding in highly quality knowledge products and analysis (for domestic and foreign partners/customers/stakeholders).;
- Help design and maintain detailed documentation of data-related processes and protocols;
- Oversee compliance to data collection-related conditions for different interventions, as assigned;
- Lead development of periodic progress reports for discussion with the project team and Team Lead;
- Lead development of knowledge products, including briefs, reports, presentations, et al;
- Help develop high-quality project proposals and responses to client needs/calls to RFPs equivalent, as assigned;
- Coordinate work with and build trust with other CERP teams including Survey, Research, et al; and,
- Assist with any client relationship and other administrative tasks, as assigned.
To be selected for this role, you must have:
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Computer Science (with some coursework in social sciences or equivalent) or related fields, from a reputable foreign or domestic educational institution;
● At least some experience with conducting quantitative research. Here, Research Assistantships under the supervision of reputed academics and researchers, while enrolled in an undergraduate program, will be a strong plus. Any internships, apprenticeships, or volunteer experiences that involved quantitative research will carry weight;
● Demonstrated knowledge of using one of STATA, Python, R, SPSS, and/or equivalent. A willingness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment will be a plus;
● Previous experience conducting fieldwork, especially data collection, will be given weightage. Experience managing or supervising fieldwork is a plus;
● Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
● Excellent organizational skills;
● Ability to work independently as well as in teams; and,
● Detailed oriented and task ownership.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.