About the job
We believe in a world where growth thrives across borders and cultures. That’s why our Founder and CEO Rick Hammell started Atlas, coining the term Employer of Record (EOR) simultaneously. As an EOR, Atlas employs people to work for companies anywhere in the world. Before we came along, the only businesses offering a similar solution were essentially brokers. They’d outsource your HR and payroll services to third-party providers in different countries. Today, we’re the only 100% Direct EOR in the world, partnering with clients to get to market 82% faster, at a reduced cost, and with lower risk through local expertise in over 160 countries.
Atlas technology powers the idea that companies can employ whoever they want, wherever they are in the world. Through our cloud-based platform, we deliver the Human Resources infrastructure that underpins international growth, leaving companies free to focus on the strategy that makes it happen. We partner with our clients through their international life cycle from the first dip in the global pool until the moment it’s time to set up their own entities and run payroll. Atlas is here from point A to point Z.
The future of work is borderless, and so are we. So, it helps that our people are located around the globe — in the US, UK, India, China and beyond — and speak 90+ languages. Diversity and inclusion are at our core.
We’re excited about our next phase of growth. We’re launching new tech, adding new solutions and now we’re looking for YOU — eager for a challenge, energized by innovation and aligned with our mission to deliver a future of work without borders.
You’ll be joining our innovative product team in building a game-changer SaaS platform that empowers global business and HR professionals to manage and pay their global workforce with state-of-the-art technology and a unique, simplified User experience.
A revolution cannot be done alone, and we need the best and brightest talent to continue our growth into the new modern workplace. We are looking to expand our team by hiring a new Senior Android Engineer for our Platform Services portfolio, a team player who is ready to make the role their own and bring their own ideas and innovations to the table. Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Mobile, you will be joining our Atlas Platform Development team and shaping new innovative solution architecture, help creating clean code, and involved in designing cloud native features and capabilities. You will get the chance to work on all parts of the application with a team of brilliant minded and outcomes driven people
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies, contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Be an active advocate of the mobile platform through both internal and external developer communities
- Remain an active learner in all technologies related to mobile development (Kotlin, Swift 3rd party libraries, etc.) i
- influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from the broader team
- Mentor junior to mid-level members of the team
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.)
- Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with Senior Engineers and Architects
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with the team to find creative solutions
- Review pull requests and ensure adherence to Kotlin and other language idioms
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least6 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 4 years of experience building Android applications
- At least 2 years of experience with Kotlin
What We Value
- You are a self-starter, and self-motivated team player.
- You are curious by nature and persistent to find the solutions.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong fluency in English.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a purpose — simplifying global expansion while supporting sustainable communities around the world
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 40 nationalities represented, 90+ languages spoken, and a workforce made up of 52% women
- Flexible PTO and birthdays off
- Growth and development opportunities with access to Coursera – a leading learning and certification provider
- The opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-performing organization and leave each day knowing you have made an impact.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
Atlas Technology Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Atlas is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Atlas are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Atlas will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Atlas encourages applicants of all ages.
This role may be subject to a background check after an employment offer has been made and final employment will be subjective to a positive result, in addition, reference may be requested at the final stage of the process.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.