Website Aga Khan University
About the job
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous, and self-governing international university with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries distributed across three continents. As an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries in which it exists and has campuses, programmes and/or teaching hospitals in Afghanistan, Kenya, Pakistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the UK. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact, and access; and AKU is a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change.
The Employee Onboarding team rests within Human Resources. It is responsible for the employee lifecycle which includes managing onboarding and coordinating with additional stakeholders, developing employment contracts for all new joiners, managing probation evaluation and confirmationand being the custodian of the documents verification process.
We have multiple positions available across various business segments.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partner, you will play an integral role in coordinating administrative employee life cycle activities from completion of hiring formalities to separation. You will work closely with the HRBP and Centre of Expertise (CoEs) as a reference point for all administrative activities pertaining to employment.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring smooth transition of all onboarding activities
- timely coordination for Pre-employment medical examination (PEME)
- ensuring accurate and timely data entry, while updating the data in HRMS
- co-ordinating with the relevant departments to ensure pre-joining formalities are completed before joining of the candidate
- uprising the relevant stakeholders on the progress of onboarding activities
- ensuring timely delivery of employment contracts for appointments, promotions, transfers, change in job status (CJS), post-retirement contracts (PRCs) and change in allowances
- utilizing library of employment contracts and ensuring availability of updated formats
- ensuring timely completion of all pre and post-joining formalities.
You should have/be:
- at least a masters’ degree in Business Administration or Psychology or equivalent
- at least five to seven years of proven track record of providing People/HR administrative support in a large, multi-site, multi-disciplined business
- the ability to translate complex processes in an engaging, clear, and understandable manner
- the experience of monitoring and providing assistance in HR Processes
- the ability to maintain your own Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and knowledge of ‘best practice’ in your functional area
- the ability to engage and influence peers and senior stakeholders across the organisation
- proficiency in MS Office
- focus on priorities and deliverables and strong follow up to ensure achievement of goals
- the capability to cascade information appropriately, delivering the right message at the right time in the right manner
- the capacity to manage multiple tasks effectively
- the ability to act as a role model for the institution’s values and behaviors
- a customer-oriented approach towards projects.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.