About the job
Who are we?
Afiniti is the world’s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
The DBA will be responsible for the availability, performance, integrity and security of the databases. Primarily with MySQL, Greenplum, Postgres on Linux and generally other community RDBMS/NoSQL Platforms. This role has a potential to get resource involved in the planning, design and development of the databases along with operational support and troubleshooting/resolution of any issues. The ideal candidate will work as a member of DBA team which provides 24/7 services to our clients around the globe.
- Core responsibilities includes installation, administration, operations, support, and maintenance, monitoring & upgrading of database servers to ensure availability, security with optimal performance.
- Maintains quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Responsible to perform query optimization in addition to assist/reviews/feedbacks to stakeholders in writing complex queries, stored procedures/functions, views, DDL/DML script.
- Troubleshoot complex database issues in accurate and timely manner ensuring compliance to SLAs / OLAs.
- Maintain database operational, disaster recovery, backup procedures/processes to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery.
- Responsible to maintain a good, healthy & friendly team environment.
Experience, Knowledge & Personal Characteristics
- 7+ years of Database Management experience working with MYSQL, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle Databases, ideally in Linux environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Database platforms and its internal engine, storage & memory architecture/processes.
- Must be familiar with working and managing enterprise level mission critical databases with considerable size 2+ TBs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Should possess a nice pleasant & flexible personality and should be willing to work in flexible shift timings (as per requirements).
- Should be a quick learner, willing to take initiative, enthusiastic about his work, determined and hard worker.
- Excellent analytical and communication/soft skills are required.
Desirable Knowledge And Experience
- Experience in managing or using MPP technologies such as Netezza or Teradata.
- Experience with Cloud platforms/technologies will be a plus
- Experience in some programming language will be a plus
Education & Qualifications
- Computer Science or Information Technology Graduate from reputed institute
Salary & Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer Corporate benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.