About the job
Who are we?
Afiniti is the world’s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
Afiniti uses data science and operations research to enhance human interactions in large enterprises by efficiently pairing customers or tasks with company representatives. Our primary focus is improving contact center interactions for sales, service, retention, collections, and customer satisfaction in fields ranging from telecommunications to healthcare to banking to hospitality. To ensure we’re delivering value, we measure performance using a real-time control group – routing a portion of calls using the client’s existing system and the majority of calls using our data-scientist-designed pairing and next best action recommendation strategies.
As a member of the modeling development team within the R&D department, you’ll develop modeling, simulation, and validation tools to launch our cutting-edge self-service AI tool, which will allow customers to deploy Afiniti’s technology in their own call center. In addition, you will help develop tools and methods to allow our applied AI team to implement new strategies on our managed accounts. The particular challenges of our domain require applying a wide range of classical to cutting-edge techniques – often with extensive tailoring – to implement the training and validation of statistical models. The modeling research team members are extremely versatile, and own the full research process (problem discovery, scoping, strategy development and implementation).
The ideal Candidate will have
- Strong development skills in at least one programming language (Familiarity with at least one scripting language for data analysis such as R, Python, or Julia strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with SQL, relational databases, version control, and tools for reproducibility such as git, Jupyter and R Markdown, make, or authoring custom packages
- Experience with building and deploying machine learning models
- Demonstrated ability to manage time independently and take projects to completion
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Familiarity with statistics
- Comfort working in a collaborative environment with cross-team communication to bring projects into production
- Ability to independently distill possibly vague requirements into actionable tasks
- Experience with Cython and/or optimizing code in Julia
- Strong statistics knowledge, especially Bayesian statistics.
Education And Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or another technical field (Post-graduate degree strongly preferred)
Salary and Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer corporate benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.