About the job
Who are we?
Afiniti is the world’s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
Job Family: Engineering
Job Role: Lead SDET Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Lead QA Engineer to work collaboratively to define, develop, maintain and deliver Software testing requirements for our clients programme of work. In addition to delivery responsibilities, the QA Test Lead will also act as an advocate for QA best practices and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend the use of tools/frameworks (where appropriate) and support the development of test team members.
- Execute on complex projects with minimal ramp-up even in an area where to lack domain expertise, via leveraging an understanding of testing principles and appropriately using domain knowledge resources (e.g. documentation, asking experts)
- Drive and plan testing of large, complex, cross-team projects that could span multiple quarters and often involve multiple QA engineers
- Evangelize best practices in testing and be a strong advocate of QA in cross functional meetings
- Review and recommend improvements to existing QA processes
- Enhance test frameworks and develop automated test suites to ensure consistency
- Get work to a simple place by focusing on the heart of the problem and prioritizing the right things
- Identify new opportunities and advocate for and implement improvements to the current state of projects — potentially having broader business impact across teams or products
- Prioritize quality process work across an area or across multiple teams not within the immediate lens
- Understand the scope and relationships of features and production stack for their area
Experience And Skill Set
- Knowledge and experience of working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Cypress, WebDriver, Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab and REST libraries (RESTAssured, Karate, etc).
- Experience of containerised techniques, using Docker, and Cloud Based Hosting
- Be able to independently drive + get buy-in on a clear and principled set of quality metrics for a project or team
- Have a strong understanding of all products relevant to own areas of expertise
- Be expert automation tester with deep automation skills
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across DevOps and agile testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties (project, supplier technical teams, internal technical teams, service delivery, and so forth) to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the Agile delivery lifecycle.
- Exhibit Respect and Trust: Respect others by recognizing and sincerely acknowledging their humanity, worth and significance. Build and maintain trust by acting with honesty and integrity.
- Master the Craft: Develops expertise in domain knowledge and technical foundations continuously and ever increasingly. Become an expert at developing and executing what is expected in one’s role
- Own the Work and the Results: Commits to action and assumes responsibility and ownership for own performance and the associated outcomes. Takes initiative and ownership to drive results and accountability for commitments
- Focus on Client Experience: Focus on solving real customer problems and delighting them with great experiences and products
- Work Collaboratively Others: Works positively and collaboratively in a team to achieve team goals and successes; works to unblock others and lives the company value of “one team one dream”
- Manage Ambiguity and Complexity: Demonstrate resilience and composure, get things done despite challenges and maintain performance levels in pressured, adverse and uncertain environments. Handle risk, complexity, and dependencies effectively, pragmatically in a timely manner
Education & Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred.
Salary and Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer corporate benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.