Website A. F. Ferguson & Co. (a member firm of the PwC network)
About the job
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
Being one of the leading accounting firms of the Country, A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants (a member firm of the PwC network) provides assurance, advisory and taxation services. Building a career here means taking advantage of rich and varied opportunities, creating life-long achievements and individualized career choices. This campaign aims to hire an Information Protection Officer for the Firm to join our Risk Team based in Karachi. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Risk and Information Protection Leaders, this critical role will see you conscientiously act as the bridge between local and network information protection activities. This will involve a mixture of both strategic and operational duties such as: embedding compliance with network information protection standards, third-party vendor management and evaluating compliance at all levels of the business. You will also work closely with the Risk Team to assess and review related risks, design processes and controls and create adequate level of awareness through communication and training.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate good technical knowledge in the information protection domain including data protection laws, able to deploy a range methodology to manage data risks, and partner closely with the risk and local and network information security teams to promote best information practices throughout the firm.
Professional Skills And Responsibilities
- Knowledge of data protection concepts, principles, regulations ,specifically including in-depth understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation and privacy and electronic communications regulations.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes and controls.
- Sound reporting skills and exposure to performing audits including privacy impact assessments.
- Ability to breakdown complex information to suit diverse audiences.
- Project and change management in complex environments including liaising with external parties and other advisory bodies as necessary.
- Knowledge of common data governance frameworks (e.g DCAM, DAMA-DMBOK) is a preference.
- Familiarity with computer security systems and curiosity in emerging technologies, devices, privacy and data protection concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work unsupervised whilst managing multiple projects.
- Proficient at building relationships at all levels and influencing a range of senior stakeholders, challenging decision making to help drive continuous improvements.
Minimum Years Education Required
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
Minimum Years Experience Required
- 1 Year of experience
- ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc;
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field Of Study Required
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.