Website Abyss Solutions Ltd
About the job
Senior Asset Integrity Engineer
A bachelor’s level qualification in mechanical, mechatronics, materials, or chemical/ plant engineering. A Master’s level education in these fields is preferred. API/NACE or similar certifications are a plus.
Experience : 4-6 years full time experience
Last Date to Apply: 10th December 2022
- If you do not meet the above-mentioned criteria, your application will not be considered.
- Candidates who have been rejected in the last 1 year from the date of posting are not eligible to apply.
At Abyss, our mission is to create innovative AI and robotics solutions, removing the need to put people at risk in dangerous jobs. From deep sea rovers to our recent Moon to Mars Australian Government grant, and emerging technology in Agriculture, there is no challenge that Abyss will shy away from.
A global team collaborating across Australia, America and Pakistan consists of passionate problem solvers who love working on cutting-edge technology, while maintaining focus on environmental impact, safety, and cost. You’ll get to work on complex challenges with a team of experts in: civil, mechanical, machine learning, robotics, data processing and software engineering.
As we search for answers to unsolved challenges, we are looking for engineers who can bring new perspectives in all areas, including; mechanical, civil, mechatronics, chemical/plant engineering, with experience in O&G/ Water infrastructure sectors to join the Asset integrity team.
You will be analyzing large volumes of visual data from offshore infrastructure to identify and label mechanical, structural and hydraulic features in this data for the purposes of condition assessment and asset integrity management. You will be working in the space of water, subsea and O&G integrity space. You will also be required to undertake basic quality assurance tasks on your work and that of others and to draft SOPs for the above. You will i mplement different client and industry condition assessment and asset integrity standards. You will prepare engineering (inspection/condition assessment) reports, and assist the Lead Engineer to implement existing workflows for various projects. You will adjust existing workflows and processes as required by project requirements and/or to refine business processes. You may be required to lead/manage a task force of 2-5 individuals under the direction of a lead engineer.
Required Skills And Experience
- High attention to detail
- Affinity to work as part of teams
- Familiarity with interpreting various engineering schematics
- Experience in the use of CAD models of structures and/or engineering components
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability to quickly pick up the use of new software
- Experience managing teams of 2-5
- Experience undertaking engineer analysis (for internal or consultancy purposes)
- Experience in the preparation of engineering (consultancy) reports
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Familiarity with interpreting P&ID and/or plant process diagrams
- Familiarity with the use of Autodesk Navisworks and/or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the use of Autodesk Recap and working with point cloud data
- Exposure to Linux operating system
- Experience in manual data labeling
What’s in it for you
GROW : Rapidly growing and a dynamic technology firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
COLLABORATE : Work tightly with a diverse engineering team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
LEARN : A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
PLAY : Well equipped office and a socially active team
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.